Tasting: Thorn-Clarke Chardonnay



Thorn-Clarke Mount Crawford
Barossa Winemaker
other citr
Eden Valley
Australia
$15

Winery Review: Brilliant yellow. Dried pear, lemon zest, honeysuckle and a hint of vanilla on the fragrant nose. Fleshy and smooth on the palate, offering fresh melon, pear nectar and tangerine flavors and a hint of bitter quinine that adds back-end cut. Closes on a subtle leesy note, showing very good energy and lingering citrus character.

My Review: I did not really like this wine. The wine had pretty medium amounts of tannin and I agree that is was a quite refreshing wine, but I think that the bitterness from the tangerine and the other citrus notes, distracted me from enjoying it. 

I tried this wine by itself. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting: Risata Prosecco

Tasting: Palacio del Burgo Rioja Tinto

Tasting: Prime's Ruby Port